Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring Cleaning: Laundry Room


Yes it is that time of year again and you heard me right I said spring cleaning! With it being march and warmer temperatures this week, its a great time to turn our house upside down and start spring cleaning. Of course I have made my long list of what needs to be done and it goes on for 4 pages...yikes!

So I am going to be sharing with you room by room our spring cleaning, including my list and maybe it will help you along your own spring cleaning journey. Time to get ready for warmer weather with a clean and happy house!

The room I started with was the laundry room, the smallest "room" in our home. I found some cute ideas on pinterest about making your laundry room beautiful and a place that you want to be. I felt this would be a good idea since I really don't like doing laundry.

Of course something we won't do every year but a must for this year was a new washer and dryer because ours decided to fall apart. I don't mind these new ones that is for sure.

Here is a picture of the "decor" in the Laundry room. I went with black but I think it matches the new washer and dryer nicely. Yes husbands laundry rooms can have decor, and in the words of my husband "did you forget what that room was for? Is that why you had to buy a sign that says laundry?" Sometimes in my day when my mind starts to shut down it is possible that I could forget what that room is for. Every room in your home should be a beautiful and happy place!

So here is the list for your laundry room:
1. Move washer and dryer out of the room
2. Remove dryer lint from the dryer tubing (preventing fires!)
3. Wash the outside of your washer and dryer and inside of your washer. 
4. Sweep and Mop floors
5. Wipe down base boards and dust shelving
6. If you have windows open them and clean the screens and window seals.
7. Clean out baskets and throw away out dated or unused items. 
8. Clean Switch plates
9.Wash vents in the floors or ceilings. 

Happy Cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment