Tuesday, April 10, 2012

James Part 2



I have been going back and forth on what to write for over a week, so many themes were covered in the lesson about James this week.  As I was laying in bed last night; I read a blog post that someone posted on Facebook.  It was so  inaccurate my heart hurt, but it made me think of what we are studying in James. 

Reading through the first book of James I keep thinking of the man that he was and how he did not even believe Jesus even though he lived under the same roof with him.  He chose to ignore and mock him, his own brother. Not until after the resurrection when Jesus stood before James did he see grace and mercy.....(which He offers to all of us, no exception).  I think about what that must have been like for James.....the blog post I was reading talked about Christians bashing others for their sins, simply because we call it sin and call the people who are sinning sinners. WE ARE ALL sinners, everyone born in this world is a sinner, maybe I should make a t-shirt to wear that says I too am a sinner. Here is the best part....there is hope, did anyone tell you? Hope abundant in Christ...not ourselves, not me, not Christians, not the church, not the world but there is hope in Christ.  "But God demonstrates his love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 

James having not just been the half brother of Jesus but one who wrote a book of the bible....Gods word is truth, it is ALL truth, holy and inspired by God..therefore perfect and infallible.  God himself was the Word….."in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1 I hear the same excuses that it's not relevant today, or God changed his mind...whatever makes us feel better I have done it myself so I am just as guilty. God lays out a history of the world and history of his people.  He lays out his life, principles and teachings. He gives us "instruction in righteousness" how was are supposed to live our lives. God gives us what we need in his word; it was not meant to be changed to fit “your” lifestyle or our opinions in which many times we use as an excuse to justify sin The Word of God was written for us, to show us Jesus.  Jesus came to show us our sin and forgive us, not to take sin lightly or condemn us. 

I was the poster child for mistakes, anger, temptation, and ignoring God. I was bitter and mean; my life had no purpose but whatever I wanted it to beI was miserable. I believe Gods Word is true and I believe Jesus died on the cross for everyone’s sins.  “God so loved the WORLD”.  I believe he did it because of a love that is so far beyond our imagination.  A love so great that even when we are feel unworthy and hopeless; He sees something we can’t even see in ourselves.  Wow there is nothing I can do to change how God loves me.  It is very humbling when you think about it because there is nothing I can do on my own to make God love me more.  He wants us to look to Him for  answers,  peace, joy, and hope. 

"The message of James can be captured in two words: LIVE IT!" -Beth Moore ( James, mercy triumphs) 

I am taking that to heart today, I am going to live it because what you believe is reflected in how you act. All the hope that anyone needs is found in Christ alone.  He paid the price for the sin and guilt you carry around.  Your journey in life would be a lot easier if you would lay it down and it give it all to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment