Thursday, July 19, 2012

Reapolstered Chair Project

One of my projects this summer is to reapolster my horrible kitchen chairs, we have had this table and chairs for over 6 years and it was starting to show on the white cushions (2 kids and a dog later)

 Check out all the great stains that have overtaken the cushions of the chairs, I have tried to clean them to no avail.
 This is the fabric that I chose to cover the chairs, I chose a durable canvas fabric, with two kids durable is better. I also wanted to choose colors that would coordinate with the kitchen and with the living room since they are open to each other.
 I cut my square of fabric to fit my seat.
 Using my staple gun I placed two staples on one side of the cushion, I turned the cushion to the opposite side and pulled the fabric tight and placed two more staples. I continued in the same manor around the entire cushion pulling the fabric tightly.
 Once I finished my corners and stapled all the way around, I trimmed my fabric.
 My Completed seat
 I screwed the seat back onto the chair and tightened all the bolts while I have the chair where I could reach them...Extra security
 The finished product! Now I have lots of other ideas for the kitchen....this project has started something!


1 comment: