Here we are again appraoching a new year. Is it just me or do the years seem to go by faster the older that you get? I reflect over the last year and where it has taken us, some places that we didn't want to go and some where we couldn't wait to get there.
January of this year we took a hit to our family with the death of my Brother, Chris.
Spring brought new beginnings, healing hearts and laughter.
In the Summer we celebrated Birthdays, watched her dance, and appreciated the little things.
We welcomed Fall with open arms.
Our winter has been filled with warm hugs and a lot of laughter.
Our year has been so blessed with so many memories, the good and the bad. We have watched our kids grow we have seen success and failures, through it all we still have eachother and we still have love and laughter.
I have come to not like resolutions over the years, one because I can never keep them, then I find myself making a resolution to keep my resolution. I just want to make a promise to myself that I will enjoy every moment that I have, every second I am with my children when I with my family. I will ignore the muttering when I want to take another picture of the family (Something for which they will thank me one day). When you sit down to make a list of all the things that you want to change in the new year it is a wonder anyone keeps a resolution. This year I don't want to have to look at a list of things that I need to do or need to change about my life or myself, I want to spend time making memories with my family something my brother so desperatly wanted and never got to have. I won't take my children for granted and every moment cease the chance to make a memory. I want my resolve for the new year to mean more than just loosing a few pounds, I want it to define our lives as a family, I want it to be meaningful.







No comments:
Post a Comment