Saturday, January 25, 2014

Searching for a plan...

I have been brain storming more ways to save money. I love to coupon and I have gone one extreme to the other with my coupons. Something I have figured out in my time couponing is in order to get the best deals and spend the least amount of money you have to sacrifice your healthy eating to do so...most of the time. While it's not always the case I filled my pantry with stuff that was packed with sodium and preservatives. What was I sacrificing to save money? A house full of unhealthy people, not taking care of ourselves because we want to save a buck? 

I have struggled with this for these last few months, it is my job as the cook for most meals to make sure that I am giving my family everything that they need to be healthy and creating eating habits that will last them a life time and keep them healthy for years to come. While there are more coupons now than ever for healthier foods you can really shop around and find awesome deals on fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and organics. 

Part of my goal list for the new year was to cook healthier and save money so now it's time to do my homework and find the best deals for my family and still save as much as I can for my family budget. I am going to share with you the deals that I find and hope they inspire you to eat healthier and save money in the process. 

This weeks finds and deals: 
Harris teeter had the majority of their organic products on sale. 
Canned organic vegetables and beans $1.00
Frozen bags of fruit $2-$3 
Eggs $.99 
Oreville popcorn buy 2 get 3....use the $.75 off two boxes from the paper and you get them for $.96 per box
Fresh blueberries buy 1 get 1 
Pizza because well you can't always be good 
Blueberry bagels which is a preggo craving.....buy 1 get 1 after coupons 1.17 each 
Total spent $35 and saved $30

Most coupon-aholics would not consider that success but you have to determine your bottom line and what you want to feed your family. Don't waste food and don't buy it if you won't eat it. There is more to it than coupons it's about being conscious of your spending and where you are putting your money.  

No comments:

Post a Comment