Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Easter story
I found this book at the book store a few weeks ago and to my surprise it laid out the Easter story with biblical accuracy. It is so rare to find books like this and Berenstain Bears being one of our favorite books this was perfect for our Easter lessons this week.
The Berenstain bear books have offered some valuable lessons to our family and this one was perfect for our collection. I want to make sure that what they are learning about Easter is what Easter really means and not just about eggs and candy, which are fun but Easter is about Jesus. I want them to find the joy in Easter that we have a risen Savior who is alive!
We worked on our sight words and our cubbies verse for this week "He is not here, but is risen." Luke 24:6
Project time of course being addie's favorite, I tried to find some great Easter project ideas for her to do this week. One of which was a stained glass cross. Here she is working hard, I used some contact paper, mod podge, and construction paper. The stain glass element was the tissue paper squares, it was messy but it sure was fun and turned out beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment